Sunday, January 18, 2009

Christmas Catch-up

I know that it is the middle of January, but before I can even start with this year, I feel like I should finish up 2008. So here's our Christmas post, just a few weeks later. (I am still determined to send out our Christmas letter, too, but I think I'll do it close to Valentine's Day and still use the red envelopes!)


So here goes...


We had a very fun time this Christmas seeing family and friends who came to visit in D.C. Charles, Amber, and Virginia came out from UT. Luke liked playing with his cousin and they got along pretty well, though both are still learning to share. We are glad we got this chance to see them before they move to China in February. We'll have to figure out a way that we can go visit them!


We did our annual visits to the National Christmas Tree in D.C. Luke loved watching the trains going around the base of the tree. We also decided that, unlike last year, we were not going to go on the coldest night, so it was quite enjoyable. We also went up to the D.C. Temple to see the beautiful lights and see the trees and nativity sets they had up in the visitor's center.


We were able to spend Chrismas Eve with Mike's family and they performed an 80s rap version of "Twas the Night Before Christmas." Unfortunately, I did not catch it on video to share with the masses! Christmas was spent with my family and it was fun to have Colin home from Utah State.

Luke enjoyed Christmas, I think. He really liked having the lights on the Christmas tree. In fact, he got very upset when we were taking them down and tried to stop me from putting them in the box. He loved ripping the paper on the presents. He got A LOT of cars for Christmas and he loves vrooming them all around. Now he splits his time between balls and cars. He's all boy!


It has been a fun and busy time. Mike finished up another semester at George Mason and continues to coach basketball for the high school. I'm almost to the end of 2nd Quarter so it's a busy grading time. It's been freezing cold here, but still no snow. We're going to hunker down on this long weekend, though, as we stay away from the crowds downtown and watch the inauguration of President Obama from our warm, comfy living room. I hope that it is a peaceful day and does truly bring some good change for our country.

3 comments:

Amy said...

Yea! A new post! Looks like such fun Christmas festivities. It's much more fun with kiddos, huh? That tree was amazing! Be sure to check out our blog for some exciting news on the last two posts....

Rob, Adrienne, Sam, Ada and Tony said...

Sounds like you had a cold, but fun Christmas. I think our boys would be great friends if we lived closer. Sam also got cars and so he spends his time between that and balls as well.

B+B said...

How much fun can Christmas really be? It looks like you all had a great time. Your tree looks great and Luke is looking so big! They grow up so fast! Love the movie and pictures!